FerrIX„¢ A33E is a proprietary hybrid ion exchange resin specifically designed for selective removal of arsenic from water, certified to NSF/ANSI 61 Standard. This highly porous anion resin is impregnated with iron oxide to allow for fast and efficient adsorption of arsenic. The porous nature of the resin bead allows for maximum utilization of the impregnated iron. FerrIX„¢A33E can be used in majority of existing lead-lag or parallel design configurations.
Water treatment systems incorporating FerrIX„¢A33E are designed and operated using the same engineering guidelines as conventional ion exchange resins. Purolite€™s proprietary simulator will accurately calculate the throughput capacity for treating a specific water supply when correct water chemistry is provided, eliminating the need for extensive field trials. The superior strength of ion exchange beads means fines will not be generated during resin loading or the service cycle. Therefore pressure drop will remain low and backwash will be minimized, reducing water loss and avoiding the discharge of arsenic laden fines to the sewer.
Upon prior arrangement with Purolite, exhausted FerrIX„¢ A33E can be returned to Purolite for regeneration under an NSF/ANSI 61 approved process that utilizes full chain of custody documentation. (Note: currently this service is only available in the USA). The arsenic removed from the resin is immobilized and discarded according to local discharge regulations and requirements.
Start-up and operating costs, including media cost, water use and maintenance are minimized with the use of FerrIX„¢ A33E.
FerrIX„¢ A33E is ideal for municipal water treatment plants as well as point-of-entry (POE) and point-of-use (POU) systems
- Application - Arsenic Removal Resin
- Polymer Structure - Polystyrene cross-linked with divinylbenzene
- Appearance - Brown spherical beads
- Functional Group -
- Ionic Form as Shipped -
- Specific service flow rate Typical 20 - 24 BV/H up to 32 BV/h (2.5 to 3 gpm/ft3 up to 4 gpm/ft3)
- Arsenic operating capacity 0.5 - 4.0 g As/l (Depending on raw water composition and operating conditions)
- Recommended contact time 2.5 - 5 minutes (Typical 3 minutes)
- Shipping Weight (approx.) 790 - 820 g/l (43.0 - 51.0 lbs/ft3)
- Bead Size Range 0.30 - 1.20 mm
- Temp Limit (Stability) 80 C (176 F)