HOW A MAZZEI VENTURI INJECTOR WORKS
When pressurized water enters the injector inlet, it is constricted toward the injection chamber and changes into a high-velocity jet stream. The increase in velocity through the injection chamber results in a decrease in absolute pressure, creating a vacuum that draws a liquid or gas additive through the suction port and mixes it thoroughly into the water stream. As the jet stream is diffused toward the injector outlet, its velocity is reduced and resumes its flow in a thoroughly mixed state with slightly lower energy than when it entered the injector.
Mazzei venturi injectors operate over a wide range of pressures and require only a minimal pressure differential between the inlet and outlet sides to initiate a vacuum at the suction port. The injectors€™ internal mixing vanes create thousands of microbubbles, which greatly increases the surface area of gas (air, oxygen, ozone, etc.) in contact with the liquid. Several microbubbles have a greater surface area than one large bubble of the same volume. Higher surface area facilitates greater solubility.
AVAILABLE MATERIALS FOR MAZZEI VENTURI INJECTORS:
- POLYPROPYLENE - GREEN (GRPP):
- Highly resistant to most acids and alkalis
- Versatile and cost-effective
- High tensile strength
- Lightweight and rigid
- POLYVINYLIDENE FLUORIDE - BLUE (PVDF):
- Advanced thermoplastic superior to PVC, PP, polyethylene and other plastics
- Higher pressure and temperature-handling capabilities
- Resistant to ozone
- Resistant to sulfuric and nitric acids and chlorine
- Better abrasion and wear resistance
- Sunlight (UV) resistant
- Dyed PVDF or Natural PVDF available
- Grade NSF 61 and FDA approved (if required, use Natural PVDF since dyes used may not be approved)
- ETHYLENE CHLOROTRIFLUOROETHYLENE (ECTFE)
- ECTFE has good chemical resistance in the alkaline range above a pH of 10.
- High-performance material
- Low flammability in accordance with DIN 4102
- Extreme chemical resistance, even in the alkaline range
- Physiologically safe
- Excellent weather resistance
- Insensitive to UV-A and UV-B light
- Excellent material properties suitable for the most demanding requirements in tank and apparatus construction
- X = Used for liquids Only. Performance difference with higher suction rates on lower outlet pressure.*
- A and C = Connection Size Difference*
*Please see OPTIONS to see connection difference.
|British Standard Pipe Thread (BSPT) Size Measured Against a Ruler*|
British Standard Pipe Thread (BSPT)
*NOTE: A very common misconception is that a 1/4" BSPT measures as 1/4 inch on a ruler or tape measurer. However, that is not the case. BSPT will measure larger in diameter. Above is a sizing reference to help clarify.
NOTE: 0.5" Male NPT PVDF Injectors are interchangeable as 15mm Male BSPT PVDF Injectors - both have the same threads per inch.