The Nitrate Cartridges utilize a white bead strong base anion resin for the selective removal of nitrates. Often found in rural areas, nitrate levels should not exceed 10 mg/L. This is especially important for newborn infants of up to six months. Competing ions, especially sulfate should be accounted for when calculating capacity. Influent and effluent nitrate levels should be monitored to ensure adequate removal.
- Micron Rating: 10 Nominal
- Dimensions: 9.75" x 2.75"
- Total Weight: 1 lb 6 oz
- Operation Temperature: 40°F to 100°F
- Max Recommended Flow Rate: 0.5 GPM
- Filter Media: Anion Resin
- Filter Life: 5,000 mg/L or 290 GPG*
*Filter life in gallons can be calculated by dividing 5,000 by the feed water nitrate's ppm (5000/XX ppm = Filter Life in Gallons).