This cleanable ceramic water filter element is designed to reduce suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, organic chemicals, and improve taste and odor. The 10" Super Sterasyl ceramic element is available only as a "candle" (fitted with a threaded plastic cap on one end).
The bore of the filter ceramic candle contains granular activated carbon to reduce organic chemicals and improve the color, taste, and odor of drinking water.
This filter element is suitable for gravity and low pressure filter systems; it is not recommended for high pressure (high flow rate) systems. If used in pressure filters, the GAC granules may shift and "channelize" which could allow water to flow through the filter without any contact with the GAC.
- Contaminant Removal: Pathogenic bacteria, Cysts, Sediment
- Organic Chemicals: Pesticides, herbicides, organic solvents, trihalomethanes.
- Chemicals: Chlorine
- Removes Bacteria, Cryptospordium & Giardia
- Removes Chlorine, Taste & Odor
- Removes Dirt, Rust & Sediment