- Our Activated Coconut Shell Carbon removes bad taste and, more importantly, dangerous contaminants that compromise human health. Some of the key contaminants removed by filtering water over solid carbon water filters are: Chlorine, Bad Taste and Odor, Pesticides Trihalomethanes, Volatile Organic Compounds
- This is a premium carbon media to be used in residential or commercial drinking water treatment devices.
- Great High Quality Replacement Carbon Media for Refillable water Filters or Whole House Filter Tanks.
- Comes in a 20 pound Bulk Coconut Shell Water Filter Granular Activated Carbon Charcoal sack.
- Coconut Shell Granulated Activated Carbon High Performance Water Filtering GAC Media Commercial or Residential Drinking Water Replacement Carbon Filtering.
Coconut shell activated carbon is a highly porous substance made from coconut shells that have been processed at high temperatures, resulting in a material with an extremely high surface area. This surface area allows the activated carbon to adsorb or trap contaminants and impurities from water and other liquids by attracting and holding them. The 12x40 mesh size indicates that the granules of activated carbon are all of a similar size (between 0.425 and 1.7 millimeters) and that this particular grade is commonly used for water purification and air filtration applications.
Acid washed coconut shell carbon is treated with an acid solution, usually hydrochloric acid or sulfuric acid. This process removes any impurities from the carbon and creates a highly porous surface with an increased adsorption capacity. The acid solution also removes any trace metals from the carbon. Therefore, acid washed carbon is often used in applications where trace metals are a concern.
This replacement coconut carbon is a high quality filtering media. It's a high density filter material with balanced porous structure that creates high filtering performance. It's high quality because it has a great absorption rate to remove contaminants from drinking water. Most common application for granulated activated carbon are removing unpleasant taste and odor from drinking water and chlorine reduction. This media can be backwashed.