Why Kids Need to Drink Water
Why Kids Need to Drink Water
We all know how important it is to drink the appropriate amount of water each day. Staying hydrated is key to both our physical and mental health. In fact, when asked, many people can respond quickly to the answer "how much water should we drink each day". While the standard answer of 64 ounces (8 glasses, 8 ounces each) can be debated (some experts say more, while others say less), there is no doubt that water is necessary.
Importance of Kids Need to Drink Water
Those of us with children, however, may wonder why it's so important that our kids drink water each day, and also may be curious as to how much is truly enough. First, let's share why it is critical that our kids drink water. To be honest, there are a host of reasons - but below we are sharing a few.
- Children's Bodies Need Water to Work: This is true in adults as well. Our bodies, and those of our children, require water to operate. Drinking enough water each day aids in digestion, and helps avoid constipation.
- Drinking-Water Prevents Dehydration: Dehydration is serious. Its side effects are exhaustion, slower metabolisms, headaches, and moodiness - issues that can impact our kids’ success in school and their ability to socialize appropriately with their peers.
- Water Alleviates Hunger: "I'm hungry!" Those are the magic words that parents hear virtually all day long. Quite often, your child isn't hungry, but thirsty. (This is true for us adults too). Rather than allowing them to fill up on snacks, first offer them a glass of water. Quite often, this will hit the spot!
- Water Helps Keep the Healthy: Staying well-hydrated can help protect your child's immune system. When children become dehydrated, their bodies don’t function appropriately and stress is placed on their immune systems. Healthy children are hydrated children.
- Water Is Good for Your Skin: If you have ever struggled with skin issues like acne, you know how devastating it can be. Drinking water is great for your skin and helps to keep it clean and clear. Hydration helps to get rid of toxins. It is, without a doubt, the most simple step to having a better complexion.
Are Your Kids Hydrated
One of the easiest ways to identify if your child is not drinking enough is to look at the color of their urine. A well-hydrated child will produce urine that is light yellow or clear in color - one who is dehydrated will produce dark yellow urine. Increasing the amount of water in their diet can help reverse this problem.
Finally, it is critical to understand that all liquids are not alike. While your children may yearn for sugary drinks and juices, water is really the best thing for them to drink. Consider purchasing a fun cup or using brightly colored straws to encourage them to drink more water. And, as we all know, if the water in your home tastes clean and fresh, your kids are more likely to drink it. A water filter can help improve the quality of the water you provide to your children and is a great investment to consider. Kids need to drink water.
Isopure Water, a retailer of water filtration systems, is proud of its extensive inventory. The company’s knowledgeable customer service representatives can help you answer your questions regarding your system and changing your filters. . They invite you to contact them at (877) 541-6603.