Tomlinson (VS905) Value Series Air Gap and Non-Air Gap Faucet
Lead-free ceramic disk reverse osmosis faucets available in 5 styles and 3 finishes* offer many options to coordinate with any decor. These reverse osmosis faucets feature engineered plastic housing and plastic water passages. Each RO faucet has 36" pre installed 1/4" inlet tubing and 3" inlet shank with 7/16-24 threads. The lead free gooseneck spout on this reverse osmosis faucet swivels 360 degrees. Polished chrome plated finish is standard on this faucet; available in satin nickel in most value reverse osmosis faucet styles.
- Read and understand all instructions before starting this installation!
- This faucet is for use with cold water supply only. WARNING - DO NOT USE FOR HOT WATER APPLICATIONS.
- Wear eye protection while using any tool to avoid injury.
- Determine where the faucet will be installed. If using an existing cutout in sink, it must be a minimum of 7/8" diameter and no larger than 1-1/8" diameter hole. If additional cutout is required, a 7/8" diameter hole is preferred.
- Stainless Steel Sinks: Use a 7/8" diameter knockout punch or drill the hold with the appropriate size drill bit, available at most hardware stores.
- Porcelain or Cast Iron Sinks: Special tools are required to drill through these materials. If you are not familiar with this process, you should consider having this done by a professional plumber. WARNING - DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRILL WITHOUT THESE SPECIAL TOOLS, AS YOU MAY DAMAGE YOUR SINK!
- Assembling Faucet With Air Gap For RO System (If faucet is being installed without an RO unit, skip step 1 and proceed to step 2):
The air gap has 2 different size barbs, a small barb which is the brine inlet and a large barb which is the brine outlet. Attach a 1/4" outside diameter (.040 wall) tube (not supplied) to the brine inlet. Attach a 3/8" outside diameter (.060) wall tube (not supplied) to the brine outlet (NOTE: It is important that enough tubing is installed on the brine inlet and brine outlet of the air gap so that installation of RO unit can be successfully completed. Excess tubing can be trimmed to the proper length after faucet is mounted. Tubing is not supplied with faucet. Installation must be in accordance with all applicable local plumbing codes).
- Install Faucet (Non RO applications):
Locate mounting hardware (refer to figures on opposite side). This will consist of six items; a black rubber gasket, mounting washer, spacer (use if needed), flat washer, lock washer and a mounting nut. With black rubber gasket in hand, feed tubing from faucet through rubber gasket. Align rubber gasket with bottom of base. Next, add remaining 5 parts to the threaded copper tube loosely (do not tighten). Parts are to be assembled in the same order listed above, except for mounting washer, set this aside (do not discard). Next, feed all tubes and mounting hardware into the mounting hole in sink using care, as there may be sharp edges if a new hole has been made. With faucet base and gasket seated over mounting hole, take the mounting washer and slide it between mounting surface and spacer (if spacer is not being used, slide between flat washer and mounting surface) keeping in line with threaded copper tube. Tighten mounting nut so that faucet barely moves against mounting surface, adjust faucet to desired orientation on sink. Tighten mounting nut, do not over tighten. With faucet in place and tight, plumbing connections can be completed.
- Plumbing Connection (If using an RO system, see directions provided with RO unit for final connections):
To connect cold water supply line when not using an air gap (without RO system), locate 1/4" diameter blue cold water inlet tubing (supply inlet) that passes through the threaded copper tube. Connect this tube to any cold water supply line with the use of a saddle valve (not provided) or any other approved method (consult local plumbing code) (Note: Removal of the 1/4 diameter blue cold water inlet tube (supply inlet) from threaded copper tube will void warranty).
Non Air Gap:
Non air gap faucets have no Air-Gap function built into them. These faucets have a single line from the tank to the faucet.
An air gap faucet which contains an empty space built in the base of the faucet. Air-gap faucets have three lines attached to them. (1) line from the tank to the faucet (2) a water line from the brine water side of your RO. (3) a drain line for the brine water that attaches to the drain saddle. Please check your local code to determine if an air-gap is required.