The Pentek® FreshPoint™ Ultrafiltration System provides complete point-of-entry (POE) filtration proven to reduce turbidity, particulates and cysts for safer, cleaner water at every tap. The system employs hollow-fiber Ultrafiltration membrane technology to filter impurities as small as 0.025 microns.
To maximize membrane capacity and service life, a metered flushing cycle is controlled using an advanced controller and high-performance turbine meter. The self-cleaning forward and back-flush cycles are initiated when the programmed capacity of the membrane is reached. During the backwash, flow is reversed and particles are ejected from the pores of the membrane and flushed to drain. In the forward-flush cycle, service water passes through the capillaries at a high speed, scouring particles from the membrane surface and rinsing them from the system. Since power is only required to flush the system, outages and interruptions will not jeopardize the integrity of membrane or its ability to provide safer, cleaner water.
The high-performance industrial fiberglass housing is pressure rated to 300 psi. Inside the housing, the membrane is sealed with double radial o-rings, minimizing the potential for leak paths. Quick-connect endcaps allow the membrane to be easily removed for cleaning or replacement.
The system can be applied to solve "known" water problems including high turbidity, suspended solids, and certain microbiological contaminants. It can also serve as a flushable prefilter to extend the life of media filters downstream.
Advantages of FreshPoint™ Filter Technology
- Removes turbidity, cysts, and other particles down to 0.025 micron in size
- Multi-bore membrane structure combines seven single capillaries into one resistant structure to maximize membrane integrity, virtually eliminating the potential for fiber breakage
- Requires only normal line pressure to operate
- Protects during power outages or intermittent power
- Retains natural mineral content of the water
- High surface area and tolerance to plugging
- Low pressure drop / High flow rate