Instructions for installation of Counter Top System
- Carefully remove and inspect your new filter systems for any possible transportation damage.
- Position main unit on your sink counter close enough to the sink to insure that excess water will properly drain.
- Unscrew your existing faucet nozzle and replace it with your diverter valve assembly (you may need an adapter).
- Turning on your system properly:
- Slowly turn on your water, check diverter connections for water tight seal. (O-ring gasket seal should be included in the top of you diverter valve).
- With your cold water on, pull diverter valve knob. This will by pass your faucet and enable full water flow to your filter.
- Check for proper water tight seal on all tubing and filter connections.
- As the first water begins to flow, you may notice a small amount of carbon dust pass through. Allow the water to run for 1 minute before drinking. (Note: this is only required upon start-up and is not necessary when used Daily).
- To shut off the filter, close the faucet first, the diverter valve is spring loaded, it will be close automatically when the water supply is shut off. Do not push the diverter knob closed as this will cause damage to the internal parts.
Your filter systems is designed for cold water application only, do not allow hot water to run through this filter systems.
The life of your filter will depend upon the quality of your water and also the quantity of water flowing through the filter. It is recommended that you replace your filter cartridge annually or sooner if the quality of water decreases.
To view the schematic of the system, please click here.