Aquatec's Permeate Pump (ERP1000) is a simple, yet revolutionary, device. Powered only by the hydraulic energy of brine water usually lost to the drain, the Permeate Pump forces product water into the storage tank, reducing membrane back pressure and maximizing available feed pressure. These pumps dramatically improve the efficiency of R.O. water production, reducing wastewater by up to 80%. In other words, if your current system requires 10 gallons of tap water to produce a gallon of pure water (10:1), adding a Permeate Pump should reduce this ratio below 3:1. Permeate Pumps can also bring storage tanks up to line pressure and then shut the system down when these tanks reach capacity, eliminating the need for a hydraulic shut-off valve. Other benefits include higher delivery pressures, faster R.O. water production, superior water quality, and extended filter/membrane life.
Requires no electricity, powered by energy from brine water
- Improves recovery rates by as much as 400%
- Reduces waste water by as much as 80%
- Enhances contaminant rejection
- Ideal for membranes rated from 10-100 GPD
- Effective for inlet water pressure as low as 30 psi
- Increases membrane life, lowers ?TDS creep?
- Fills product tank up to 4 times more rapidly
- NSF approved (Standard 58)
- Two year manufacturer's warranty
How does the permeate pump work?
The ERP 1000 Permeate pump is using the energy of the brine water of your RO system, to pump the permeate into your pressure tank. It does not require electricity for that. It is just using hydraulic energy that normally goes to drain unused. This way, it isolates your tank from the membrane and lets your membrane perform as if it was in an atmospheric tank system.